Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If water damage occurs in a home or commercial property, there is a good chance that mold growth is likely to follow. In fact, mold begins growing within 48 hours of exposure to moisture.
Knowing your next steps when faced with a mold issue is very important, which is why we’re discussing mold remediation in this blog.
If you suspect your home or business may have a mold problem, you'll want to act quickly. It is time to contact the professionals if, upon evaluation of the size of the problem, it is found that the mold has affected more than 10 square feet.
It is important that any professional company you hire be highly trained and certified in areas like:
- Applied microbial remediation
- Water damage restoration
- Applied structural drying
Many home and business owners have successfully resolved some minor mold issues on their own, but the safest way is to always use a professional mold remediation company to get the quickest resolution to the problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (626) 478-0286
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of San Gabriel for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of San Gabriel has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of San Gabriel proudly serves San Gabriel, Temple City, and surrounding areas.