What Is Black Mold?
When you notice a musty smell, it is probably too late. The growth of mold has already started. As long as damp or wet conditions remain, the mold is going to get worse. If you have a leak from a broken pipe, a leaky window, or even an overflowing sink, act quickly to reduce the opportunity for mold to establish a colony.
SERVPRO has seen many delayed water cleanup situations in San Gabriel Valley and surrounding areas. The owner had what was deemed to be a small water leak, wiped up the excess water and did not give it another thought. The owners did not realize that the moisture had spread to the walls and the floor underneath. Conditions were perfect for mold to grow. Moist, dark and warm.
Can You Eliminate Mold
As soon as mold spores find a dark, moist, warm location the spores can multiply. SERVPRO can investigate your water leak, clean up the excess water, and dry the structure as well as the walls and flooring. Maintaining a humidity level at 45% or lower can usually limit mold growth. By acting quickly, removing water and drying the affected area, the cost to restore your home or office can be much less.
Removing Existing Mold
Difficult situations may require the removal of carpets, flooring, walls, and even structural elements. They are damaged due to long term exposure to damp conditions. SERVPRO can provide advice regarding the removal and restoration of these areas.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of San Gabriel immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (626) 478-0286
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of San Gabriel is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
SERVPRO of San Gabriel proudly serves San Gabriel, Temple City, and surrounding areas.